Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Virtual Tour

This virtual tour takes you on the pilgrims journey from Southampton, England to their first settlement in America. I think that the upsides to having a virtual tour assignment for an elementary class are obvious. Children are able to see and experience places the would never get to see otherwise. It's also good for instruction and watching videos online of erosion, volcanoes, dances, and pilgrims. There is so much you could do with this, especially for geography. Each week, children could have the opportunity to visit a different country or place other than where they live. This way they will develop a better picture of how things are in places other than where they live. It's kind of hard to think of a downside, besides it takes a lot of the teachers time to prepare. One major downside I have thought of is that not kids have access to the technology to to the virtual tour and the assignments connected with it. To solve this problem, I think I would conduct the study in class. using a projector, so all students are able to see the different place, and then do an assignment in class each day until the tour is done. I commented on Whitney's, Heather's, and Heidi's virtual tour.

4 comments:

  1. Kindy! u did a great job on your virtual tour! i really liked the idea how you put one flag on you world map and when i clicked on it, it opened up into a chioce of of the places on your tour. It was way easy to navigate and find where you wanted me to go instead of me just searching. I also liked how on the first stop on our tour, you placed a picture!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice job on your tour! I loved the variety in your activities, and that you had just a thorough explanation for each of the places on the map before stating the activity.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kindy, your tour was very informative! I can tell you spent a lot of time researching or ese you just know your facts very well. The tour was a great way to show the voyage! I liked your activites. They would really get teh students to think on a higher level. Thanks for the tour!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job on your tour. I like how much information you included in it and I can tell you spent a lot of time on it. You also had awesome activities included in your tour. I loved it!

    ReplyDelete